Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Denny's Guy

Some times I just hate myself...

So I went to Denny's last week for breakfast in the wee hours of the morning before going to work. I am helped by this really cute young guy who appears to be around my own age. Throughout my breakfast, anytime he needed to talk to me or serve me, it seemed as though he held eye contact for just a second or two longer then a normal straight guy would... could it be? Could I be lucky enough to be waited on by a cute young man who is bored to tears because he is ending his graveyard shift in less then half an hour? What was I to do? Can I approach him and pick up on him at his work place? What's the best way to do it?

It really was an awful scene, looking back on it. I had a line or a cute phrase ready and everything. Then as I was paying and it came time to use my little pickup line that I had thought so hard about over breakfast, I totally flaked out. Don't get me wrong, I did make small talk and I was polite... but I just didn't have the courage to say, "Here's my number, call me!", or "Hey, you want to hang out sometime?".

So in disappear and not knowing what to do, I decided to go back. Not knowing his schedule, but knowing that I went to eat last Wednesday, so going again today seemed like a good chance.... and I was right. Sure enough, I show up at 5:45am (told you it was early), and there he was. I knew he was off at 6:00, so I hurried though my meal so that I could have him cash me out before I left... and I fail again. Again, I manage to make the small talk but can't seem to get enough courage together to ask him out. Every idea I had from the previous week; sitting at the bar so I can talk to him better, or writing my number down for him ahead of time to make it easier to slip to him, I didn't implement... please, just shoot me now!

Jesse from Denny's, if you are out there, and if I am not wrong about you being 'family', send me a message and lets go out some time!

1 Comments:

At November 14, 2005 6:12 AM, Blogger nomad said...

why is it so hard? every SINGLE time.. But if you convince yourself it's just for kicks, that you're not really interested it becomes a different ball game....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MySpace Layout Codes