Saturday, June 24, 2006

A mix of emotions... needing to reach out...


A mix of emotions… needing to reach out…

I am feeling incredibly emotionally sensitive right now. The smallest thing can send this sad torrent of feelings rushing though me. I can name a dozen factors as to what it may be linked to, or more likely, all of them working together to put me in this state.

I find myself reaching out to old friends and trying to make new ones. Just looking for someone, anyone, to talk to… more then anything, I feel the need for some kind of companionship. Then I realize that it can’t be just anyone; it has to be that special someone. As time wears on, my barriers fall: sex, age, mutual interest. Finally I end up just looking for someone with whom I “click”. Only hoping that my realization that I have found the one, does not startle them and spook them off.

I find myself unable to focus on school, work, or any kind of personal life… instead focusing on taking care of that inner drive to find a companion. In the past, as I have found a possible someone, I find failure in the end: they are not single, I stupidly break it off, or they get a job and move.

I tell myself to stop looking and to focus on something else, but I can’t. I can’t suppress that drive, that desire, for someone else in my life.

1 Comments:

At June 25, 2006 2:35 AM, Blogger nomad said...

hugs,
you are complete in yourself dearest although i know that pit in the bottom of ones stomach that does not seem to go away. find joy in the moment and your passions, and in loved ones... romantic love is not the only form.

also... it's taken you a while to be ready to take on a special someone again too, no? universe responds to calls a lot quicker when they are clear :P

news and pictures from dublin soon!
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

MySpace Layout Codes